It's our AGM on Sunday 22nd October! Details here
Everyone is welcome to become a member of this award-winning community garden run by local people. Membership is only £15 a year [£10 for concessions] and for this modest sum you can:
- Have a key to the garden and to the tea hut
- Receive newsletters several times a year
- Get invited to member events
- Vote at the AGM
- Hire the resource centre for a reduced rate for private events
Members who can afford it often make an additional donation along with their subscription to help with the costs of running Culpeper. Membership is a great way to support the garden. We also ask members to sign up for Gift Aid if they pay tax, as we get an additional 25% of their subscription/donation back from the Government.
If you would also like to become a plot holder and be responsible for cultivating a small plot, you need to meet several criteria:
- You need to live within our local catchment area
- You do not have a garden of your own
- You sign up as a garden member and pay your subscription from the date you put your name on the waiting list for a plot. Waiting list applicants are considered in date order by a plot holders sub committee comprising committee members and a garden worker.
- You commit yourself look after you plot, cultivating it organically and not letting it become neglected.
- You commit yourself to help maintain the communal areas of the garden. For example we have monthly workdays on the second Sunday of each month.
- The subscription for garden plot holders is £30 a year [£15 concessions] and in addition you need to pay for keys to the garden, the tea hut, the tool shed and a tap key.
- Plot holders who don’t look after their plots are given a written warning and if there is no improvement, their plot can be taken away from them and given to the next person on the waiting list.
If you would like to become a garden member and/or apply for a plot, please contact our garden workers on 0207 833 3951 or email email@example.com.